Montlake Welcome Sign
Montlake Historic Homes
1910 E Louisa St.
Built: 1992 Style: Contemporary Rank: Non-Historic Non-Contributing
Description: This stucco-clad two-story house is rectangular in plan with a flat roof and a skylight. The lot slopes down behind the house, with lawn in front and large trees behind it. The east end of the front facade has two garage doors with a blank wall above. The west side has three groups of large aluminum frame windows set back from the front facade on both the first and second floors. Engaged piers separate the windows. Windows on the east and west facades are paired, punched openings.
Cultural: This house was built outside the period of significance for the historic district.
Legal: UNION CITY ADD Parcel: 8805900471 Block: 10 Lot: POR View: King Country Parcel Viewer
2008 E Louisa St.
Built: 1925 Historic Name: Amalef Residence Style: Colonial Revival Rank: Historic Contributing
Description: This prominent two-and-a-half-story Colonial Revival-style residence sits high above the street on a terraced lot with a rockery, mature shrubs, lawn and trees. A single concrete garage with a newer door is below the house at the sidewalk. Wide concrete steps at the north side of the site lead up to a center entry porch. The house has a side-gabled roof with skylights ad boxed eaves with exposed rafter ends and returns. It is clad in stucco and the primary facade is symmetrical. The entry has a 15-light door with 5-light sidelights and pedimented roof supported by paired columns; this replaced the original Moorish-arched porch roof. Three-part wood-frame windows with 12-over-1 fixed centers and 6-over-1 sides flank the entry on the main floor. Above these windows on the second floor are paired 8-over-1 double-hung wood frame windows. A single, wide 10-over-1 wood frame window is above the entry. Single and paired double-hung wood frame windows are typical on the north and south facades. A brick chimney pierces the eaves on the north facade and a tall wood fence encloses the side yard to the south. A one-story rear addition is on the south.
Cultural: The earliest known owners of this house in 1928 were John (Mary) Amalef, a carpenter. In 1938 it was owned by Joseph C. (Flora) McCleary, an agent with NY Life Insurance Co.; they remained at least through 1948. It was later owned by a relative, Robert B. (Carra) McCleary, who worked for R. B.McCleary and Co.
Legal: UNION CITY ADD Parcel: 8805900405 Block: 9 Lot: 8 View: King Country Parcel Viewer
2014 E Louisa St.
Built: 1923 Historic Name: Davidson Residence Style: Colonial Revival Rank: Historic Non-Contributing
Description: In 2005, this residence was extensively remodeled with a large shed-roof rear addition that projects above the original house and replaces most of its rear half. The front of the house has a concrete porch with a gabled roof supported by paired columns and flanked by double-hung wood windows. The addition has vinyl windows, including a row of four paired casements in the wall above the original roof. The house sits on a raised, bermed site with a rockery, mature shrubs and lawn.
Cultural: The earliest known owners of this house were Ward H. and Hetty Davidsonin 1938. He was a treasurer with Clint W. Lee Co. They remained here at least through 1948. The home was owned by Lilly E. Anderson in 1958. Accessory: Garage
Legal: UNION CITY ADD Parcel: 8805900410 Block: 9 Lot: 9 View: King Country Parcel Viewer
2020 E Louisa St.
Built: 1924 Historic Name: Peterson Residence Style: Dutch Colonial Revival Rank: Historic Contributing
Description: This house sits above the street on a lot with a lawn, foundation shrubs and a concrete retaining wall. It has a side gambrel roof with a full-width shed dormer on the front and a symmetrical facade. The center entry has a brick stoop sheltered by a round-arched portico supported by round columns. The paneled door has sidelights with three lights above a panel. On each side of the portico is a three-part window with an 8/1 wood sash flanked by two 4/1 sash in wide wood surrounds. On the second story are two paired 8/1 sash with two smaller 4/1 windows in the center, all with wide wood surrounds.There is an exterior brick chimney on the west wall.
Cultural: The earliest known owners of this house were Manfred (Olive) Peterson in1928, who was a salesman with Pioneer Fruit Co. Their ownership continued through at least 1958. Accessory: Garage
Legal: UNION CITY ADD Parcel: 8805900415 Block: 9 Lot: 10 View: King Country Parcel Viewer
2026 E Louisa St.
Built: 1927 Historic Name: Bradley Residence Style: Tudor Revival Rank: Historic Contributing
Description: This house sits above the street on a lot with a lawn, foundation shrubs and a brick retaining wall at the sidewalk. It has a steep cross gable roof with the crossing front gable on the west side of the main facade. East of it is a shed dormer. The entry is in a nested gable near the center with a round arched opening. A small arched window is next to it, with a similar larger window on the second story. East of the entry is a group of three tall leaded glass wood sash casement windows. Two double-hung leaded wood windows are on the other side. The dormer has three similar windows. There is an exterior brick chimney on the east wall and a second chimney near the northeast corner..A basement garage is beneath the west end.
Cultural: The earliest known owners of this house were Howard J. and Viola Bradley in 1928; he was a salesman with Standard Oil Company. The home was owned by Eugene and Grace Cunningham in 1938; he was President, Cascade Machinery and Electric Company. Their ownership continued through at least 1958.
Legal: UNION CITY ADD Parcel: 8805900420 Block: 9 Lot: 11 View: King Country Parcel Viewer
2206 E Louisa St.
Built: 1924 Historic Name: Strohecker-DeanResidence Style: Cottage Tudor Rank: Historic Contributing
Description: This Cottage Tudor house sits on a mid-block lot with a lawn and foundation plantings. It has a gable-and-wing form with a projecting gabled wing on the east side. Cladding is stucco with metal barrel tile on the roof. The entry is at the center where the two wings meet; it has a painted round-arched oak door with art glass and a low concrete stoop with a metal railing. East of the entry is a group of four 8-light leaded casement windows with shutters and a bracketed window box. Similar windows are on the side elevations. Two skylights are near the roof ridge. West of the house the roof extends over a garden gate. On the east side, a low stucco-clad wall slopes down to the driveway. A stucco-clad chimney is on the east wall, and a shed dormer on the rear.
Cultural: The earliest known owners, in 1928, were a salesman, Franklin A. Strohecker and his wife, Katherine. It was owned by George M. & Jean Dean in 1938; he was an engineer for Pacific Telephone & Telegraph Co. Theyremained at least through 1948. Accessory: Single garage at northeast
Legal: UNION CITY ADD Parcel: 8805900285 Block: 8 Lot: 7-8 View: King Country Parcel Viewer
2210 E Louisa St.
Built: 1924 Historic Name: Hart Residence Style: Colonial Bungalow Rank: Historic Contributing
Description: This one-story L-shaped house has a front yard with an arbor and numerous tall shrubs, and a driveway along the west side. It has aluminum siding with a concrete block foundation. It has a gable and wing form, with a pent roof extending across the front facade. The roofs are clad with white metal barrel tile. The entry is near the center, at the east end of the front gabled section. It has a 15-light door and a stoop with wood steps and no railing; it is sheltered by an arched hood that is part of the pent roof. East of the entry is a group of five narrow four-over-four windows with leaded glass and wide wood surrounds. West of the entry is a six-over-six leaded glass window with a wide surround and shutters; similar windows are on the side elevations.
Cultural: From at least 1928 through 1958, Edward W. & Edith Hart owned this house.He was employed by Hartman & Hartman. Accessory: Single garage at northwest
Legal: UNION CITY ADD Parcel: 8805900295 Block: 8 Lot: 8-9 View: King Country Parcel Viewer
2216 E Louisa St.
Built: 1922 Historic Name: Harold Residence Style: Craftsman Rank: Historic Contributing
Description: This 1-1/2-story side-gable house sits on a mid-block lot with a lawn and small foundation shrubs. The full-width recessed porch has a wood railing and four square posts. The center entry is flanked by two pairs of 6/1 windows with vinyl sash and original wide wood surrounds. The main facade has a shed roof dormer with a low wide window with vinyl sash. Similar windows are on the side elevations. Cladding is Hardiplank, with shingles on the dormer. The east elevation has a basement entry and a Juliet balcony at the second-story window. The driveway on this side leads to a parking area at the rear.
Cultural: The earliest known owner, in 1928, was Mary F. Harold, a funeral director at Hamilton & Co. In 1938, the owner was a widow, Julia Blackwell. The house was vacant in 1948, but was owned by Mary Neville, a telephone operator atBoeing, in 1958.
Legal: UNION CITY ADD Parcel: 8805900305 Block: 8 Lot: 9-10 View: King Country Parcel Viewer
2220 E Louisa St.
Built: 1930 Historic Name: Vaux Residence Style: Cottage Tudor Rank: Historic Contributing
Description: This stucco-clad Cottage Tudor house sits on a mid-block lot with a lawn and foundation shrubs and a driveway on the west side. It has 1-1/2 stories plus a basement and a gable-and-wing form with clipped gables on the primary side gable volume. The very steep front gable sweeps down with a "cat slide" curve over the entry. At the center of this gable is an exterior chimney flanked by 15-light casement windows with leaded muntins and wide wood surrounds. Just to the east of this is the entry porch with round arched openings on the front and east sides, accessed by concrete steps with a metal railing. The door is recessed on the west wall of the entry, with an arched window with colored glass in the north wall. East of the entry is an 8/1 leaded glass window. The west elevation has a group of three 6/1 leaded glass windows toward the front, two more toward the rear and a pair of similar windows in the gable end.
Cultural: The earliest known owners were John W. Vaux, a department manager at Crescent Manufacturing Co., and his wife, Dorothy; their ownership continued through at least 1938. In 1948, it was owned by David C. & MaryElder of Elder's Market. Sadie A. Shindell owned the house in 1958.
Legal: UNION CITY ADD Parcel: 8805900315 Block: 8 Lot: 10 View: King Country Parcel Viewer
2226 E Louisa St.
Built: 1926 Style: Tudor Revival Rank: Historic Contributing
Description: This house is an unusual variant of the Tudor style, clad in "pebble dash" stucco. It has 1-1/2 stories plus a basement, with a steep gable roof and wide shed dormers on the front and rear. Another steep gable projects from the ridgeline toward the rear. The entry is on the side, at the east end, with a concrete stoop, a steep gabled roof with curved brackets and a metal railing. All the visible windows have leaded glass muntins and wide wood surrounds. West of the entry is a three-part window with a center 8/1 window flanked by two 4/1 windows; the gable end has a pair of 6/1 windows. On the south facade, facing the street, the first floor has two three-part windows with 6/1 windows flanked by 4/1 sash, with a pair of 6/1 windows at the east end of the second level and smaller 6/1 windows to the west. In the center of the south facade is a tall stucco-clad chimney with terra cotta chimney pots. in the rear is a basement garage, a pair of 6/1 windows and a small shed-roof addition clad with vinyl siding.
Cultural: Edward W. & Edith Hart in owned the house as early as 1928 through at least 1958. Mr. Hart worked at Hartman & Hartman.
Legal: UNION CITY ADD Parcel: 8805900320 Block: 8 Lot: 10-12 View: King Country Parcel Viewer
2400 E Louisa St.
Built: 1924 Historic Name: Darland Residence Style: Colonial Bungalow Rank: Historic Contributing
Description: This vinyl-clad house sits above the street on a corner lot with a concrete block retaining wall, shrubs and a small tree. It has 1-1/2 stories plus a basement. It has a side gable roof and a shed dormer on the rear. The center entry has a concrete stoop and stairs and a shallow portico with a pair of Tuscan columns and dentils and an ornamented architrave; it was originally capped by a balustrade, now removed. The entry is flanked by two groups of three six-over-one leaded glass windows with shutters. Similar windows, singly and in pairs are on the side and rear elevations. The gable end and basement windows have newer sash. The east elevation has an exterior chimney of painted brick and a single basement garage toward the rear. At the east is a hip-roofed wing with a secondary entry.
Cultural: The earliest known owner of this house was G. E. Darland in 1928. A C.P.A., William McAdam and his wife Elizabeth owned it from the 1930s at least through 1948. In 1958, the owners were Spencer (VP Ed Cochrane & Co.)and Peggy Pitts.
Legal: UNION CITY ADD Parcel: 8805900165 Block: 7 Lot: 7-8 View: King Country Parcel Viewer
2408 E Louisa St.
Built: 1919 Historic Name: Peterson Residence Style: Craftsman Rank: Historic Contributing
Description: This 1-1/2 story Craftsman bungalow sits above the street with a rockery, low shrubs and a diagonal path to the entry. It has a front gable roof with extended rafter tails and pointed bargeboards. Cladding is primarily wood shingles, with clapboard below the water table. The projecting porch extends across the west half of the facade, with a gabled roof supported by two square wood posts. It has a plain wood railing. West of the front door, on the porch, is a large wood 5-over-1 window; to the east is a large picture window. The main gable end has a small horizontal window.
Cultural: Dort & Hanna Peterson owned this house in 1928, and remained through at least 1958. Accessory: Single concrete garage at sidewalk
Legal: UNION CITY ADD Parcel: 8805900190 Block: 7 Lot: 8 View: King Country Parcel Viewer
2412 E Louisa St.
Built: 1923 Historic Name: Odom Residence Style: Craftsman Rank: Historic Contributing
Description: This 1-1/2 story Craftsman bungalow sits above the street with a rockery shrubs and concrete stairs. It has a front gable roof with a clipped gable, knee brackets and decorative pointed bargeboards. Cladding is clapboard with coursed shingles in the gable end. The full-width recessed porch has plain wood railing and two square posts set on clapboard piers. The Craftsman-style wood door, in the center, has six small lights. It is flanked by two Craftsman-style windows with upper sashes consisting of four narrow lights surrounding a large center light. Similar windows are on the side elevations and the front gable end has a horizontal window in the same style; all have wide wood surrounds. A concrete garage, shared with the house to the west, is at the edge of the sidewalk; it has a newer door and a flat roof used as a deck, with a plain wood railing.
Cultural: William Odom, a salesman at Mayer Brothers, and his wife Edna owned this house in 1928 and through at least 1938. Arch, a Boeing employee, andElsie Anmahaian owned it from the 1940s through 1958. Accessory: Concrete garage at sidewalk
Legal: UNION CITY ADD Parcel: 8805900185 Block: 7 Lot: 8-9 View: King Country Parcel Viewer
2418 E Louisa St.
Built: 1924 Historic Name: Miller Residence Style: Colonial Bungalow Rank: Historic Contributing
Description: This clapboard-clad 1-1/2 story Colonial Bungalow has a side gable roof and a symmetrical facade. The entry, in the center, has a curved concrete stoop with a round-arched portico supported by two pairs of slender Doric columns. The plain door has a wide surround and narrow sidelights Flanking the entry are two tripartite windows with wide wood surrounds, each with a large 10- over-1 center sash with a narrow 4-over-1 sash on each side. Side elevations have 6-over-1 sash with wide surrounds. The east end has an exterior red brick chimney. The house sits on a relatively flat lot with a lawn, foundation shrubs and a driveway on the west side leading to a single garage at the rear.
Cultural: Elmer Miller and his wife Caroline owned the house in 1928; he was a branch manager for Bartell Drug Co. Coralie Miller owned it in 1938, and continued as an owner with her husband Joseph Motzko, a meat cutter atServ-U-Meat Company, through 1958. Accessory: Single garage at northwest corner
Legal: UNION CITY ADD Parcel: 8805900200 Block: 7 Lot: 9-10 View: King Country Parcel Viewer
2422 E Louisa St.
Built: 1924 Historic Name: Mortrude Residence Style: Vernacular Rank: Historic Non-Contributing
Description: This highly-modified house has a side gable roof with a large hipped dormer in the center. The dormer has been extended forward and down to the ground and has a group of six tall narrow windows. The entry is near the center, with a large transom window above. Cladding is clapboard. The east elevation has a ground-level secondary entry and an attached flat- roofed garage with a deck with a low clapboard wall. The front yard has a grey brick wall with ivy and numerous shrubs.
Cultural: The earliest known owners of this house were George L. & Lavinia Mortrude in 1928; George was a machinist at Stetson-Ross Machine Co. Joseph M. & Lana Griffin of the Blue Diamond Market were the owners in 1938, and, in1948, a teacher, Arnold Field and his wife Muriel, owned it.
Legal: UNION CITY ADD Parcel: 8805900210 Block: 7 Lot: 10-11 View: King Country Parcel Viewer
2428 E Louisa St.
Built: 1924 Historic Name: Kerchen Residence Style: Craftsman Rank: Historic Non-Contributing
Description: This Craftsman-influenced house is on a mid-block lot with lawn and a small tree. It has had several additions (2005-12), including a full-width gabled dormer on the main facade. The center entry has a new portico with square columns, metal handrail and new concrete stairs. Windows have six-over- one sash with wide surrounds. On the west side is a garage with a newer roof deck
Cultural: Joseph Kerchen, a teacher at Longfellow School, and his wife Lucie, owned this house by 1928 and through 1938. Jessie L. Mesford, a widow, owned it in 1958. Accessory: Altered single garage
Legal: UNION CITY ADD Parcel: 8805900220 Block: 7 Lot: 11 View: King Country Parcel Viewer
2023 E Louisa St.
Built: 1926 Historic Name: Hinton Residence Style: Colonial Revival Rank: Historic Contributing
Description: This two-story residence sits high above and set back from the street on a raised sloping site with a concrete retaining wall and concrete steps at the east end. Dense mature trees and shrubs obscure the house. It is clad in stucco and features a low hipped roof with overhanging eaves and a projecting hip-roofed enclosed entry porch with an arched opening. The porch is flanked by three-part windows with fixed centers, divided-light casements on either side and divided transoms. A three-part window with divided lights is located above the entry, flanked by newer paired aluminum-frame windows.
Cultural: The earliest known owners, in 1938, were Donald (Lila) Hinton, a sales manager at Conrad Bruce and Co.; they remained through at least 1948. In 1958 the home was owned by Ken (Barbara) Stanley, who worked for BayState Tap and Die. Accessory: Detached garage on the west
Legal: UNION CITY ADD Parcel: 8805900670 Block: 12 Lot: 4-5 View: King Country Parcel Viewer
2019 E Louisa St.
Built: 1925 Historic Name: Prakken Residence Style: Tudor Revival Rank: Historic Non-Contributing
Description: This one-and-one-half story, gable front and wing house was extensively remodeled with the addition of a two-story projecting bay and roof alterations in the wing section. The house sits high above the street on a lot covered in ivy and tall, dense trees and shrubs that obscure visibility to it. It has brick steps and a concrete retaining wall at the perimeter. The roof has clipped gable ends and eave returns. The entry, near the center, has an arched opening. Several groups of double-hung three-part windows are in the gable-front section. Cladding is clapboard siding. The new, stucco-cladflat roofed, two-story projecting bay with picture windows takes up most of the wing section.
Cultural: The earliest known owners, in 1938, were John (Florence) Prakken, an accountant with Seattle Gas Co. It was owned by Kaffon (Valerine) Hanson in 1948, an office manager at Manning's Inc. In 1958 the owners were DavidSerebrin, an agent for Mass Mutual Insurance and his wife, Mariam. Accessory: Garage on the east
Legal: UNION CITY ADD Parcel: 8805900660 Block: 12 Lot: 3-4 View: King Country Parcel Viewer
2015 E Louisa St.
Built: 1926 Historic Name: Andrews Residence Style: Tudor Revival Rank: Historic Contributing
Description: This two-story Tudor-style residence sits high above the street on a bermed site with a rockery, terraced shrubs, a mature tree at the northwest corner and a driveway on the west. Wide concrete steps with a wrought iron railing lead up to the house. The house has a side-gabled roof with clipped ends and two prominent gable-front sections. All windows are wood frame with diamond pane leaded glass. An arched entry and a stained paneled oak door with a clover-shaped window are located in the lower gable-front section, which also has a small arched window to the east, a three-part window that extends into a one-story shed-roofed section to the west, and a casement window and half-timbering in the gable end. The taller gable-front section features single and paired casement windows on the second floor and a three-part casement on the ground floor. A tall, prominent stucco-clad chimney pierces the apex of the gable. A one-story rear addition (2005) is not visible from the front.
Cultural: The earliest known owners, in 1938, were Reed (Lola) Andrews, branch manager of the Stecher-Traung Lithograph Company, who remained at least through 1958. Accessory: Garage in the rear
Legal: UNION CITY ADD Parcel: 8805900655 Block: 12 Lot: 3 View: King Country Parcel Viewer
2009 E Louisa St.
Built: 1920 Historic Name: Coles Residence Style: Colonial Bungalow Rank: Historic Contributing
Description: This one-story, side gable house has clipped gable ends and eave returns. It is clad in clapboard siding. The front facade is dominated by a wide painted brick chimney in the center that pierces the eaves and is made more visually dominant by diagonal wall sections that extend above the roof on either side. The chimney was originally significantly taller. Single Craftsman- style divided light windows with flower boxes flank the chimney. A wood Moorish arched entry door has a small Moorish arched window and exposed wrought iron hinges. The concrete stoop has square wood railings on either side and is sheltered by a Moorish arched roof dormer with wall brackets on either side and a hanging pendant light in the middle. The east facade has groupings of wood frame windows and a hip roofed hanging box bay toward the rear. The site is terraced, with a rockery, concrete retaining walls,shrubs and trees, wide concrete stairs that meander up to the raised concrete stoop, and a driveway on the east.
Cultural: The earliest known owners, in 1938, were Louis Coles, Assistant Manager C H Dahlem and Co., and Emma Coles; their ownership continued at least through 1948. The home was owned by Mrs. Dorothy Salkin in 1958. Accessory: Garage at the east
Legal: UNION CITY ADD Parcel: 8805900650 Block: 12 Lot: 2 View: King Country Parcel Viewer
2227 E Louisa St.
Built: 1922 Style: Craftsman Rank: Historic Contributing
Description: This one-story Craftsman house sits on a lot with lawn, a small tree and large foundation shrubs. It is rectangular in plan and has a cross gable roof with bargeboards and prominent brackets in the eaves. Cladding is clapboard with coursed shingles in the gables. The full width wood porch under the front gable has brick sidewalls on the stairs, tall brick piers with short tapered square post supports on each corner, and a wood balustrade. The entry is an original Craftsman style door with a screen door. The main window to the right is a group of narrower sash flanking a wider sash all double hung with patterned over plain sash. The attic light in the front gable is a single similar patterned sash and windows on side elevations are similar style in groups or single sash, including a group in the projecting side gable bay on the west elevation. A brick chimney pierces the eaves on the west elevation at the intersection of the bay. A two-track driveway on the west side leads to a shared double garage with a clipped side gable roof (1922).
Cultural: Early ownership information on this house has not been found. Accessory: Garage
Legal: UNION CITY ADD Parcel: 8805900800 Block: 13 Lot: 5 View: King Country Parcel Viewer
2223 E Louisa St.
Built: 1922 Historic Name: Harris Residence Style: Colonial Bungalow Rank: Historic Contributing
Description: This one-and-half story clapboard-clad bungalow sits on a slightly sloping lot with lawn and foundation plantings. It is rectangular in plan and has a clipped side-gable roof with boxed eaves and returns. The symmetrical facade has two eyelid dormers and the porch at the center has a segmental arch roof with returns on slender column supports with a rectangular vent in the arch. The entry is an original panel wood door with divided sidelights set in a wide wood surround. Window groups on either side of the porch have leaded glass transom over a wide fixed sash flanked by narrower casements, all in a wide wood surround. Windows on the side elevations are 1/1 wood sash. A brick chimney pierces the eaves on the east gable wall and a two-track driveway on the east side leads to a shared double garage with a clipped side gable roof (1922).
Cultural: The earliest known owners of this house, from 1938 through 1948, were Charles Harris, superintendent for the Nakat Packing Company, and his wife Zola. It was owned by Gerald Tonning, a dentist at J.R. Walsh Dentistry,and his wife, Grace, in 1958. Accessory: Garage
Legal: UNION CITY ADD Parcel: 8805900790 Block: 13 Lot: 4-5 View: King Country Parcel Viewer
2217 E Louisa St.
Built: 1922 Historic Name: Hudson Residence Style: Colonial Bungalow Rank: Historic Contributing
Description: This one-and-half story bungalow has a shallow setback on a relatively flat mid-block lot with lawn, a raised planter at the foundation, and a few mature trees. It has a clipped side-gable roof, a clipped gable dormer, and a porch projecting from the right side of the facade has a clipped front gable roof on round column supports, all with boxed eaves and returns. Cladding on the main body is clapboard with shingles in the dormer and gables. The wood porch has a wood balustrade and a Craftsman-style door with 8 small square lights. The main window is an original wood sash group of three windows of patterned lights over plain sash in wood surround. Dormer windows are paired casements with similar patterned lights. Other windows are similar original wood sash and 1/1 wood sash. A brick chimney is on the east gable wall. The driveway on the east to a side gable double garage.
Cultural: The earliest known owners of this house, from at least 1938 through 1958, were William and Dolly Hudson in 1938; he was a manager of HardwareEngineering Company. Accessory: Garage
Legal: UNION CITY ADD Parcel: 8805900780 Block: 13 Lot: 3-4 View: King Country Parcel Viewer
2213 E Louisa St.
Built: 1925 Historic Name: Baxter Residence Style: Tudor Revival Rank: Historic Contributing
Description: This one-and-half story clapboard-clad house sits on a slightly sloping mid- block lot landscaped with lawn, small shrubs and trees. It is rectangular in plan and has a steep front gable roof with a nested two-story gable entry bay projecting slightly from the left of the facade. The partially enclosed porch, under the extension of the gable eave, has an opening facing north, entry stairs extending to the west, and a single divided-light door. Windows in the northwest corner have horizontal divided lights. Gable windows are 3/1 wood sash and the main window is a group of narrower sash 2/1 sash flanking a 4/1 wood sash in a wide wood surround. The basement garage below the east end has an original panel tilt-up door.
Cultural: The earliest known owner was Eugenie Baxter, a teacher, in 1938. In 1948,Eugenie and her husband Kirk owned it. In 1958, a Franklin High School teacher, Richard S. Luft, and his wife, Barbara, were the owners.
Legal: UNION CITY ADD Parcel: 8805900775 Block: 13 Lot: 3 View: King Country Parcel Viewer
2211 E Louisa St.
Built: 1924 Historic Name: Dibble Residence Style: Colonial Bungalow Rank: Historic Contributing
Description: This small rectangular clapboard-clad bungalow has a shallow setback on a relatively flat lot with lawn, foundations shrubs and small trees. It has a side- gable roof and a simple symmetrical facade. The porch at the center has a wood balustrade and original wood panel door with arched light sheltered by a gabled hood with return cornice and carved wood bracket supports. Paired windows on each side are original wood sash of 8/1 divided lights. A brick chimney on the east gable wall is flanked by 6/1 wood sash. Other windows are single or paired original wood sash with divided lights.
Cultural: The earliest known owner of this house was Fred J. Dibble, a real estate appraiser, in 1938. His widow, Lena Dibble, owned it in 1948. A nurse, Mrs. Caryl Cashott, was the owner in 1958.
Legal: UNION CITY ADD Parcel: 8805900770 Block: 13 Lot: 2 View: King Country Parcel Viewer
2203 E Louisa St.
Built: 1925 Historic Name: Raymer Residence Style: Tudor Revival Rank: Historic Non-Contributing
Description: This large two-and-half story stucco-clad house sits on a sloping corner lot partially enclosed by a wood privacy fence. It has a steep side-gable roof clad in standing seam metal with a shed roof dormer. Near the center of the facade, on the second story, hipped wall dormers flank a hanging gabled bay supported by cast stone brackets. The bay shelters the entry porch which has an original wood door with a grilled window and a cast stone surround. A newer narrow deck with a continuous hip wall extends from the porch to the east over the basement garage. Window sash are a mix of replacement vinyl sash and some original paired leaded wood sash.
Cultural: The earliest known owners were Louis Raymer (Merchandise Broker's Company) and his wife, Lena, from at least 1938 through 1948. It was owned by Charles Dines, a salesman at Aetna Life Insurance, and his wifeCarol in 1958.
Legal: UNION CITY ADD Parcel: 8805900755 Block: 13 Lot: 1-2 View: King Country Parcel Viewer
2433 E Louisa St.
Built: 1924 Historic Name: Burton-BoehmerResidence Style: Vernacular Rank: Historic Contributing
Description: This small rectangular side-gable house has an asymmetrical facade with a recessed porch with wood stairs at the east end and a prominent front gable near the center. The entry has a plain door flanked by one-over-one wood sash. A fixed sash picture window is below the front gable. Windows on other elevations also have wood sash. Cladding is asbestos shingles. A stucco chimney pierces the east gable eave and a secondary entry is on the west elevation. The corner lot is flat with lawn and foundation shrubs.
Cultural: The first identified owners were Claud Burton, a writer, and his wife, Florence, in 1938. In 1948 it was owned by Patrick Walker, chief legal officer of the National Labor Relations Board. In 1958, the owners were Herbert Boehmer, a University of Washington engineering professor, and his wife, Anneliese, a nurse at Cabrini Hospital. Mrs. Boehmer died in 2012 at the age of 101, having lived here for more than 60 years.
Legal: UNION CITY ADD Parcel: 8805900900 Block: 14 Lot: 6 View: King Country Parcel Viewer
2427 E Louisa St.
Built: 1925 Historic Name: Havens Residence Style: Colonial Bungalow Rank: Historic Contributing
Description: This rectangular bungalow has a clipped side gable roof and wood clapboard cladding. The symmetrical facade has a central gabled hood supported by knee brackets, over a concrete stoop. The wood panel door has three lights in the upper third. Grouped windows flanking the entry consist of a central picture window with sidelights of a patterned light over plain sash. An enclosed side entry bay is on the east elevation and a brick chimney is in the west gable has small arched windows on either side. The small lot sits slightly above the street and has a low brick retaining wall creating a lawn terrace with foundation plantings and some raised planters.
Cultural: The first known owners were Carl Havens, vice president of the Pacific Coast Forge Company, and his wife, Stella (1938). In 1948 the owners were a machinist, Arthur Leake and his wife, Nellie. In 1958, John Brenner, the personnel director at Providence Hospital, and his wife, Barbara, owned it. Accessory: Single garage at the southeast corner.
Legal: UNION CITY ADD Parcel: 8805900895 Block: 14 Lot: 5 View: King Country Parcel Viewer
2415 E Louisa St.
Built: 1939 Historic Name: Skinner Residence Style: Ranch Rank: Historic Contributing
Description: This L-shaped single-story residence has a cross-gable roof with shallow boxed eaves, and is clad in irregularly coursed brick with wide clapboard in the gable ends. The recessed entry at the ell has a wood door with a small grill opening. The gabled wing at the east end has corner windows of fixed wood sashes with divided lights. To the right of the entry is a 9-light fixed wood sash flanked by vertical 3-light casements. A small one-over-one sash window is on the west end where the roofline steps down and the facade steps back. Windows on side elevations are similar. A newer gabled wood- frame carport is attached in front of the basement garage at east end; the garage has original wood panel doors. The midblock lot is slightly above the street with an extensively landscaped slope featuring large rocks, small shrubs and perennials and several large evergreen trees. The rest of the lotis enclosed by a wood fence.
Cultural: This first owner of this house, in 1939, was Kenneth Skinner. In 1948 it was owned by a cook, George Schweitzer, and his wife, Esther. In 1958, the owner was Mrs. Helen Starr.
Legal: UNION CITY ADD Parcel: 8805900880 Block: 14 Lot: 3 View: King Country Parcel Viewer
2411 E Louisa St.
Built: 1922 Historic Name: Richardson Residence Style: Craftsman Rank: Historic Contributing
Description: This small rectangular bungalow has a clipped side-gable roof and clapboard cladding. The recessed entry porch is at the northwest corner; it has brick-clad stairs, an arched entry with decorative trim molding, and a wood panel door with divided lights. An arched turned-wood grill opening is in the west wall of the entry enclosure. The primary north facade has a group of three 8-over-one wood windows with a window box below. The basement garage below the east end has a wood panel door with divided lights in the upper third. A brick chimney is on the east gable end. The lot sits above street level with a concrete retaining wall creating a lawn terrace with foundation shrubs.
Cultural: This first identified owners of this house, in 1938, were a cabinetmaker, Earle Richardson and his wife, Ruth. In 1948 it was owned by a cook, George Schweitzer, and his wife, Esther. In 1958, the owner was Mrs.Shirley Rudd.
Legal: UNION CITY ADD Parcel: 8805900875 Block: 14 Lot: 2 View: King Country Parcel Viewer
Streets
E Blaine St E Boston St E Calhoun St E Hamlin St E Howe St E Louisa St E Lynn St E McGraw St E Miller St E Newton St E North St E Roanoke St E Shelby St
Avenues
15th Ave E 16th Ave E 18th Ave E 19th Ave E 20th Ave E 21st Ave E 22nd Ave E 23rd Ave E 24th Ave E 25th Ave E 26th Ave E Boyer Ave E Roanoke Ave E
Others
E Eaton Pl E Interlaken Blvd E Montlake Pl E E Park Dr E Park Dr E Glenwilde Pl E Lake Wash Blvd E Montlake Blvd NE Royal Ct E W Montlake Pl E W Park Dr E


30 properties on E Louisa St
Even Numbered Side
1910 E Louisa St.

Residence - 1992
2008 E Louisa St.

Amalef Residence - 1925
2014 E Louisa St.

Davidson Residence - 1923
2020 E Louisa St.

Peterson Residence - 1924
2026 E Louisa St.

Bradley Residence - 1927
2206 E Louisa St.

Strohecker-DeanResidence - 1924
2210 E Louisa St.

Hart Residence - 1924
2216 E Louisa St.

Harold Residence - 1922
2220 E Louisa St.

Vaux Residence - 1930
2226 E Louisa St.

Residence - 1926
2400 E Louisa St.

Darland Residence - 1924
2408 E Louisa St.

Peterson Residence - 1919
2412 E Louisa St.

Odom Residence - 1923
2418 E Louisa St.

Miller Residence - 1924
2422 E Louisa St.

Mortrude Residence - 1924
2428 E Louisa St.

Kerchen Residence - 1924
Odd Numbered Side
2009 E Louisa St.

Coles Residence - 1920
2015 E Louisa St.

Andrews Residence - 1926
2019 E Louisa St.

Prakken Residence - 1925
2023 E Louisa St.

Hinton Residence - 1926
2203 E Louisa St.

Raymer Residence - 1925
2211 E Louisa St.

Dibble Residence - 1924
2213 E Louisa St.

Baxter Residence - 1925
2217 E Louisa St.

Hudson Residence - 1922
2223 E Louisa St.

Harris Residence - 1922
2227 E Louisa St.

Residence - 1922
2411 E Louisa St.

Richardson Residence - 1922
2415 E Louisa St.

Skinner Residence - 1939
2427 E Louisa St.

Havens Residence - 1925
2433 E Louisa St.

Burton-BoehmerResidence - 1924